Sweet and Spicy Halloumi Skewers
Salty cheese, sweet strawberries, and lightly spicy peppers with a hint of lemon and mint complement Girls’ Night Out Strawberry Samba perfectly.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes (+ 15 minutes standing time)
- 12 oz halloumi cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups hulled strawberries
- 2 cups shishito peppers
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- In resealable plastic freezer bag, combine halloumi, strawberries, shishitos, olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Let stand for at least 15 minutes or up to 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Thread halloumi, strawberries and shishitos alternately onto 8 skewers.
- Grill skewers, turning occasionally, for 6 to 10 minutes or until halloumi is hot and grill marked and shishitos are blistered.
- Garnish with mint.
Tip: Makes a great appetizer, side for grilled chicken, or a vegetarian main course with rice pilaf.
Leave A Comment