Rosé Risotto with Shrimp
Creamy and luxurious, this shrimp risotto is a simple dish that delivers impressive flavours.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
4 cups (1 L) sodium-reduced chicken broth
2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
1 cup (250 mL) Arborio rice
1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
1 cup (250 mL) Girls’ Night Out Rosé VQA
1 lb (500 g) large peeled, deveined shrimp, tail removed
1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
1 cup (250 mL) packed arugula
2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp (10 mL) lemon zest
- Bring broth to simmer in saucepan set over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; keep at low simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in high-sided skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic and thyme for 3 to 5 minutes or until start to soften.
- Stir in rice, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until well coated and almost all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in wine. Cook, stirring constantly, until almost all the liquid is absorbed.
- Pour in 1 cup (250 mL) of the simmering broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until almost all of the liquid is absorbed. Continue stirring in broth, 1 cup (250 mL) at a time, until all liquid is absorbed, and rice is creamy and tender, about 18 minutes. Stir in shrimp with the last cup of broth; cook, stirring often, until shrimp are just cooked through and rice is very tender.
- Stir in Parmesan and remaining butter, adding a bit more broth or water if needed for desired consistency. Stir in arugula, parsley and lemon zest.
Tip: Substitute spinach for arugula if desired.