Take advantage of fresh Ontario peaches while they’re in season with this fast-yet fabulous grilled flatbread. The combination of juicy summer peaches, zesty pesto, and creamy ricotta is so irresistible, you may need to remind your guests they’re for sharing. Serve alongside a green salad and don’t forget to dine alfresco. Oh, and make sure you take your peach party to the next level by pairing with Girls’ Night Peach Raspberry Rumba.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Pairs perfectly with: Girls’ Night Out Peach Raspberry Rumba
2 cups (500 mL) packed arugula leaves
1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped toasted pecans
2 tbsp (30 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
1/2 tsp (2 mL) minced garlic
pinch each salt and pepper
1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
1 lb (500 g) pizza dough
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sliced peaches (about 8 oz)
1/2 cup (125 mL) ricotta cheese
1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic glaze
- Pulse arugula, pecans, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor until combined. With motor running, add olive oil in a thin, steady stream until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Roll out pizza dough to about 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick. Place dough on well-greased preheated grill for 10 minutes, turning once about half way through grilling, until crisp and grill-marked.
- Grill peaches for about 8 minutes, turning once, until softened and grill-marked.
- Spread pesto over grilled flatbread. Top with grilled peaches and dollops of ricotta. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Get your glam on. For a little more decadence, try using mascarpone in place of ricotta.
Leave A Comment